1) The problem → I'm in a country where Stripe is not supported or credit cards are not widely used. (Croatia, UAE, Germany, Brazil, etc.). My pricing model requires one-time payments and basic recurring subscriptions. 2) Why is this important → I can't charge for my product or service without Paypal. 3) What will happen if this goes unsolved → I'll need to build something custom, manually manage/sync permission, or find another tool. 4) Possible solutions → Option to add Paypal to the checkout.
Integration: Circle (Suggested Improvements)
1) Current problems: My members have to login twice when accessing Circle. Circle's SSO modal doesn't have the option to "sign up here" like in the Login Modals When users try and login to Circle using the Memberstack SSO page there's no "forgot password" button. This is particularly bad for our sign up flow, where they create an account on our domain and then have to login on a different domain and so password managers won't share the password across. 2) I want my UX to be as seamless as possible. Every additional step is another source of confusion, drop off, and support. 3) What's plan B? Wait for this to be fixed, and explain how it works to my members so they aren't super confused. 4) Possible solutions: Don't require members to login twice. To be able to create an account from Circle's SSO modal
Image upload fields (profile, artwork, photos, etc.)
1) The problem → I'm using Memberstack with Circle, and I want members to be able to upload an image that's automatically passed to Circle. At the moment, there's no way to add a profile image in Circle unless it's linked to the email address (gmail, etc.) 2) Why is this important → Adding profile pictures makes the community feel more real and more human. 3) What's your plan B → Jerry-rig image uploads with Zapier. Or not use Memberstack SSO so folks can use the native image upload in Circle. 4) Possible solutions we could build for you → Add an image upload field type which I can add to a custom form.
Enable team billing (seats, licenses, users, etc.)
1) The problem → I want a company/administrator to be able to purchase fixed or custom number of seats for their team. 2) Why is this important → It massively increases my LTV, retention, and sales volume. 3) What will happen if this goes unsolved → I have to manage these funky work arounds with coupons and free accounts. However those are really imperfect since the sub accounts don't loose access when the admin stops paying. I'll likely need to use another tool or build something custom. 4) Possible solutions → Create a team management UI for admin accounts. Admin should be able to select a plan with a dynamic or pre-set number of seats, and then invite/add members via this UI. Those sub accounts should inherit permissions from the admin account's status.
Memberstack Partner Programs
Hey folks! We're beginning to lay the groundwork for a series of partner programs at Memberstack. Want to pitch us on something? Send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org or drop a comment below. How you can help: Please ↑ Upvote and comment to receive notifications. We're going to share ideas and mockups here before we build or release anything. We'd love to get your feedback! Please share your past experiences working with partner programs. What worked for you? What didn't? Future Programs we are exploring: Affiliate program for folks with an audience Example: Hubspot Agency Program for agencies and freelancers who work with clients. Example: Gusto + Accountants Expert directory so customers can find out partners quickly. Example: Amplitude Discounts Programs for educators, boot camps, accelerators, etc. Example: YC Programs we currently offer Hire an expert to help you build a project. Submit your project here . Custom Discounts for your students, community, users, etc. email@example.com
Use Memberstack on multiple sub-domains
1) The problem → I can only use Memberstack on one website / domain. I don't want members to have to log in every time they switch websites. A portion of my content lives on another website/subdomain/CMS. 2) Why is this important → My CMS isn't on my main marketing site (where people log in) and I really don't want to give up my CMS. It's core to my value prop. 3) What's your plan B → Leave half of my content "unlocked" or move all of my content into a single domain. 4) Possible solutions we could build for you → I love love it if a session carried over between domains. So, a member could log in on mywebsite.com and then access content as a logged in member on app.mywebsite.com . Both websites would have the same Memberstack script installed.
Bulk delete members
1) The problem → I regularly need to bulk delete members who A) should have never had accounts in the first place (spam) B) No longer need access C) Are test members or D) have asked to have their data erased. 2) Why is this important → GDPR and it takes forever to manually delete members 1-by-1. 3) What will happen if this goes unsolved → Will need to ask the Memberstack team to manually delete them, hire a virtual assistant to delete them one-by-one, or build a custom solution. 4) Possible solutions → I want to filter - select all or some - and delete right from the members page. A means via the API to filter and delete members programmatically.
Web Platform: Wordpress
Hi Wordpress users 👋 Please leave a comment explaining what you like most about Wordpress, what Memberstack can help you accomplish, and what your next best option is (custom code, another tool, etc.)
Customizable checkout modal/page
1) The problem → The current checkout modal is a pretty minimalistic form. It can't handle any upsells, doesn't reiterate any of the membership benefits, or have the ability to display any additional information. 2) Why is this important → As a marketer, I want to experiment with ways to increase conversions and to offer upsells. 3) What's your plan B → Try to recreate this with custom forms on a page, but it would still lack a lot of the functionality. 4) Possible solutions we could build for you → Create multiple checkout experiences: single column modal, two column modal, page on a subdomain, snippet to embed on a page (e.g. /checkout, /thanks, /upgrade) Here are two examples of full-page checkouts (but can also be imagined as modals)
1) Stripe has this pause functionality. https://support.stripe.com/questions/how-to-pause-or-cancel-subscriptions It Would it be nice if the system could show this information in my members account page? 2) This is great if you run a subscription based service with physical products, and maybe some of the subscribers want to pause the subscription during the holiday. 3) My plan B is to just pause the subscription within Stripe, but without the functionality to show my subscribers whats going on. 4) Would be nice just to show the information, or even better, make them pause it themself.